More and more worship music is including a bass synth in the mix of the song because it can create a new kind of bass tone that can’t be achieved with a bass guitar alone.
In this video, David Curran (Elevation Worship & Lauren Daigle) walks you through his approach to synth bass and shows you exactly how he uses it on stage and in the studio.
Adding a sub bass into your mix can add a new element of low end, that an electric bass has a hard time accomplishing. In this video, I give a full rundown of this Moog Sub Phatty. I go through all the panels and simply it for you so it’s not so overwhelming. Watch now!
Click the link above to get instant access to a free downloadable PDF of all of David’s favorite Sub Phatty Presets!
The PDF includes presets for:
- Peace Be Still – The Belonging Co.
- There is a Cloud – Elevation Worship
- Overcome – Elevation Worship
What presets have worked for you? What would you tell others about using a sub bass synth? We’d love to know! Tell us in the comments below!
You may also be interested in these posts as well:
- Worship Bass Guitar Tone 101 – Direct Boxes & Pedals
- How to Become a Better Musician
- 11 Golden Rules For Worship Guitarists
- Why Bands Like Hillsong and Bethel Use the Number System, And Why You Should Too