Having recorded and reproduced the keys sounds for over 300 worship songs for Worship Online, I spend a lot of time using software to make keyboard sounds. I’ve tried almost every type of software you can imagine, and I’m here today to tell you about the one piece of software I couldn’t live without.
It is also worth mentioning that keyboardists from almost any notable worship band like Hillsong and Bethel are using Omnishpere to create their keys sounds. So Omnisphere is definitely something to pay attention to.
We’ve been fine for years, why software now?
I Needed a Powerful Tool For Live Worship
What about 5 years from now?
Omnisphere Provides A Massive Catalog of Sounds
The Surprising Truth About Omnisphere You Didn’t Expect
Omnisphere Is Great For New And Advanced Users
Why Not Just MainStage?
The things people selling “mainstage only” patches don’t tell you:
- Omnisphere has a much larger catalog of synth samples and synth waveforms to choose from. They model many of the leading synths still used today and the quality of these samples surpass the samples within MainStage.
- When listening to a patch made from Omnisphere compared to a patch created within mainstage alone, you can usually tell the difference in quality and overall how “professional” it sounds.
- Omnisphere’s “arpeggiator” is much better suited for live worship than the arpeggiators found in MainStage. With Omnisphere’s arpeggiator you can use both “key” and “sync” settings for the trigger input when playing pulsing, stepping, or arpeggiated synths. This allows you to also stay on time with the rest of the band even if you aren’t using a click track.
- Creating professional sounding patches in Omnisphere is a much quicker and enjoyable process than creating them within MainStage alone.
- The layer stacking within Omnisphere allows you to create massively complex synths within a single plugin. Some of the patches we make for our Worship Online Patch Store would require many different plugins within MainStage to achieve the same sound that we can make with the Omnisphere plugin alone. This saves system resources and allows slower computers to still process everything quickly and efficiently.
- While MainStage does have some fantastic patches and sounds built-in, using Omnisphere together with MainStage will give you all the power and functionality you need to achieve any synth sounds used in today’s worship music.
$500 For All Of This Is A Steal
You may also be interested in these posts as well:
- Why We Play Worship Music & The Heart Behind It
- Building Keyboard Patches From Scratch (Part 1)
- 4 Reasons Why Your Worship Band Should Use A Click Track/Metronome
- 4 Reasons Why Your Band Should Stop Practicing and Start Rehearsing