A lot of people might assume that the gear Hillsong Young & Free uses while on tour is out of their budget, but in reality, it can be super affordable! In this free series, bassist for Hillsong Young & Free, Tom Furby, shares the ins and outs of his live gear set up, and how easily you can build an affordable and professional sounding pedalboard.
In part 1, Tom walks you through his
- Bass Guitar
- & Pedal Board Setup
We also include a second video where Tom goes even more in-depth on how he uses his pedalboard set up to get a range of different sounds as well as how to build a professional pedalboard with low-cost gear.
If you want that video, enter your email in the purple box below, and we’ll send it to you!
Live Gear Rundown
- American Professional P Bass (Fender)
- Strings Dr. Hi Beam
- Bass Interfacer Goodwood Audio
- Vintage Compressor T.C. Electronic
- Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
- Mini HOF T.C. Electronic
- Big Mini Pedal Tuner Ibanez
- Behringer Model D Analog Synthesizer
- Roland A300 Pro
- Akai MPD218 Pad Controller
- MacBook Pro A
- Ultralite-MK3 MOTU
- Radial StageBug DI Box
What affordable gear has worked well for you? And what questions do you have about Tom’s setup? Leave a comment below!
You may also be interested in these related posts!
- Worship Synth Bass Tips & Tricks with Tom Furby (Hillsong Y&F) [VIDEO]
- Sidechaining Synth and Drums Live with Hillsong Young & Free
- The Best Bass Guitars for Worship with David Curran
- Brendan Tan (Hillsong Young & Free) Drum Rundown [VIDEO]