How many times have you barely survived a soundcheck because you came unprepared?
For me, the number is 4753634252354986. Preparation is the key to not only playing the set well, but also to growing as a musician. But, like so many things in life…
There are right ways and wrong ways to go about preparation.
Nick Mayer, guitar player for the Christian southern rock artist, Zach Williams & a regular around here, shared with us everything he does to prepare for a set. Not all of it is just sitting down with his instrument & playing through the songs either.
In fact, there’s a lot of things he does besides just playing along with the song.
If you apply these insights to your process of preparation we know it will make you a better player all around, increase your confidence on stage, & give you the peace of mind to focus completely on worshipping God from the moment you show up. Click this link to watch Part 2!
Check out these similar posts!
- Nick Mayer (Zach Williams) Guitar Rig Rundown
- Worship Guitar Tone Master Class VIDEO SERIES
- The Most Surprising Guitar Secret for Sounding Massive
- Overdrive Pedals: Finding Your Tone
- The Ultimate Guide to Instrument Cables
- Bass Rig Setup & Building an Affordable Pedalboard with Tom Furby (Hillsong Y&F)
- How to Build Creative Guitar Sounds for Worship