Sadly in worship music, the acoustic guitar has become a glorified shaker & a crutch for Worship Leaders that feel awkward on stage without an instrument.
But this instrument is capable of so much more than that! It all depends on how you approach it.
So we decided to invite the worship acoustic guitar legend, JP Gentile, to show us how he approaches playing acoustic in worship.
In Part 1, JP walks through different chord voicings & inversions. Then in Part 2, he covers why capos aren’t a crutch & how he approaches his favorite alternate tuning.
We know everything that JP brings to the table in this series will spark creativity & a new love for playing acoustic guitar in worship. CLICK HERE TO WATCH PART 2!
Check out these similar posts!
- Worship Guitar Tone Master Class VIDEO SERIES
- The Most Surprising Guitar Secret for Sounding Massive
- Overdrive Pedals: Finding Your Tone
- The Ultimate Guide to Instrument Cables
- Nick Mayer (Zach Williams) Guitar Rig Rundown
- Bass Rig Setup & Building an Affordable Pedalboard with Tom Furby (Hillsong Y&F)
- How to Build Creative Guitar Sounds for Worship