Every great drummer knows how big of a difference well tuned drums can make.
Drums are crucial to the foundation of your band. They are often the most distinguishable instrument in the mix, so getting your drums dialed in is a game changer.
Knowing how to properly tune drums benefits you, the front of house engineer, and the entire sound of your band.
In this 2 part video series, Austin Davis teaches his best drum tuning tips!
For the last 9 years, Austin Davis has been playing drums for worship artist, Kari Jobe. He has also had the privilege of playing with Cody Carnes, Lauren Daigle, The Belonging Co., and Vertical Church Band.
The better your drums sound, the better you sound, and the more confidently you will play. Watch now!
Click the link above to get instant access to Part 2 of Drum Tuning 101!
Part 2 Includes:
- How to get Austin Davis’s Snare Drum Sound
- Different Ranges of Tuning
- Tips on Dampening
What tricks have you learned while tuning drums? We’d love to know! Tell us in the comments below.
You may also be interested in these posts as well:
- Worship Bass Guitar Tone 101 – Direct Boxes & Pedals
- Drum Tutorials
- Interview with Austin Davis
- How to Become a Touring Musician
- Why Bands Like Hillsong and Bethel Use the Number System, And Why You Should Too