The drum kit itself is only one of the factors that go into getting a great sound out of your drums!
A huge part of this process is microphone selection and technique.
Chase Weber, Co-Owner at Gnome Studios & serves as a Livestream Engineer for The Belonging Co., gives you an insider’s scoop on how he approaches miking a drum kit in a live room & for livestreams.
Our sponsor: Looking to get that massive drum sound in your recorded drums?
In part 1, Chase goes over micing techniques. Then, in part 2 he walks you through 4 different microphone combinations for achieving the best possible sound depending on what’s available to you.
Stop using the wrong microphones, placing your mics in the wrong spot, & let the true sound of your kit be heard.
You may also be interested in these related posts!
- 7 Pro Worship Drummers Give You Their Full Gear Rundown (Bethel, Elevation, Y&F, Hillsong Worship, UPPERROOM, Kari Jobe, & Leeland!)
- Get that Massive Worship Drum Tone with this Industry Secret
- Top 5 Worship Drumming Tips with Brendan Tan (Hillsong Y&F)
- Sidechaining Synth and Drums Live with Hillsong Young & Free
- Drum Tuning 101 with Austin Davis (Kari Jobe Drummer)
- 5 Drum Rudiments to Increase Your Chops with Brendan Tan (Hillsong Y&F) [VIDEO]
- Brendan Tan (Hillsong Young & Free) Drum Rundown [VIDEO]