Payden Hilliard, drummer for Leeland & Co-Owner of Drum Sample Shop, has spent the past 6.5 years playing 1000s of services on different drum kits all over the tone & quality spectrum!
Sometimes he shows up at a church and the drumset is absolutely incredible! Other times he shows up and the kit is almost impossible to redeem. He wasn’t able to bring a drumset with him on the road either, so he needed to come up with a solution that would allow him to achieve consistent high-quality sounding drums.
The solution: triggering acoustic drum samples!
In this 2-part video series, Payden goes in-depth about how to use acoustic drum samples to make any drumset sound like the records you love!
Don’t let the quality of your drumset keep you from having the drum tone that you’ve always wanted.
You may also be interested in these related posts!
- 7 Pro Worship Drummers Give You Their Full Gear Rundown (Bethel, Elevation, Y&F, Hillsong Worship, UPPERROOM, Kari Jobe, & Leeland!)
- Top 5 Worship Drumming Tips with Brendan Tan (Hillsong Y&F)
- Sidechaining Synth and Drums Live with Hillsong Young & Free
- Drum Tuning 101 with Austin Davis (Kari Jobe Drummer)
- 5 Drum Rudiments to Increase Your Chops with Brendan Tan (Hillsong Y&F) [VIDEO]
- Brendan Tan (Hillsong Young & Free) Drum Rundown [VIDEO]