Blending your tone in a complementary way is crucial when playing both synth & electric bass in a worship set.
It’s crucial to have both instruments set up in a complimentary way that allows them to blend when playing live. Otherwise, you’ll be able to feel the low end sucked out of the room the moment you switch instruments.
This is a common mistake when approaching playing synth & electric bass in a live worship set.
In this series David Curran walks us through how he’s set up his rig to solve this issue & some tricks he’s used when recording on songs like Cody Carnes’ “Nothing Else” & Phil Wickham’s “Battle Belongs”.
In Part 2:
– How to Approach Blending Tones
– In-Depth Walkthrough of David’s Pedalboard
– David’s Synth Bass Settings
You may also be interested in these posts:
- Master Bass Guitar Technique With Hillsong Y&F’s Tom Furby
- Bass Rig Setup & Building an Affordable Pedalboard with Tom Furby (Hillsong Y&F)
- Worship Bass Guitar Tone 101 – Direct Boxes & Pedals
- Using a Sub Bass Synth in Worship
- How Bass and Drums Work Together
- Episode 11 – Interview with David Curran [PODCAST]