How you play acoustic guitar worshipping alone at home & how you play on stage with a full band for a worship set should look completely different.
The acoustic guitar is a percussive, supportive instrument in a full band mix & it should complement the other players on stage.
How to complement the other instruments on stage requires you to know what to look for.
In this video, JP Gentile from Bethel Music walks through what he pays attention to from each instrument that specifically shapes how he plays.
Then in part 2, JP covers how your playing should vary depending on the person who’s leading. We know these insights will provide valuable input for shaping the way you approach playing acoustic guitar in worship.
Check out these similar posts!
- Worship Acoustic Guitar Chord Inversions & Alternate Tunings with Bethel Music’s JP Gentile
- Worship Guitar Tone Master Class VIDEO SERIES
- The Most Surprising Guitar Secret for Sounding Massive
- Overdrive Pedals: Finding Your Tone
- The Ultimate Guide to Instrument Cables
- Nick Mayer (Zach Williams) Guitar Rig Rundown
- Bass Rig Setup & Building an Affordable Pedalboard with Tom Furby (Hillsong Y&F)
- How to Build Creative Guitar Sounds for Worship